Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle

After much postponement and delay, I finally succumbed to my friends and have started a blog. I didn't' realize it was so easy to do. The hardest part was deciding on a name for my blog.

The Power of a Thesaurus
Harangue: Not exactly the first thing people would think for a name, and not mine either. Actually, I'm under the philosophy that one should keep a dictionary by their desk AND USE IT. And no, MS Word(tm) might find typos, but it is not a dictionary.

I thought of those early influences in trade journals that I frequently read and couldn't help but being drawn to the style of Anthony Lockwood's Diatribes in DE magazine. His style and grace is one to be admired. Not to mention, I too lack tact (no offense Anthony). But diatribes was already taken.

Considering I have a tendency to be long winded when it comes to topics I am passionate about, some would call it soap-boxing, harangue fits the definition. Thank you Mr. Webster. Sorry Bill, Word just didn't do it for me.
blog comments powered by Disqus