Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Spatial Releases 3D Contraint Manager

Spatial recently announced their new and/or improved 3D Constraint Manager.
http://www.spatial.com/products/3d-constraint-manager

I can't say I am familiar with this product in the past, so it is another one of those new or new-to-me questions. My main question is thus, why? I am doing some research to find customers who have implemented a Spatial solution for the CAD/CAM/CAE software, but I'm not having much luck narrowing the field down to the customers utilizing 3D Constraint Manager.

D-Cubed, now owned by Siemens, remains a part of the Seimens/UGS Open Solutions portfolio. As far as I know, this hasn't changed recently and many CAD/CAM/CAE vendors are fully entrenched into D-Cubed's 2D and 3D constraint management tools. Why is Spatial focusing on this? What product? What customer? Do they really have that much better of a product to be able to usurp the competition?

Needless to say, I am very interested in seeing where this product evolves. Between Catia v6 and what looks like a direct competitor to Synchronous Technology, ACIS's amazing ability to generate and heal complex surfaces, Spatial's Interop Suite that may one day make working with any native file a breeze in any other program, and now a 3D Constraint tool, Spatial's well-rounded portfolio is set to be the full-solution provider for any up-and-coming CAD vendor ready to take over the market with the next revolutionary idea.
blog comments powered by Disqus