Monday, November 29, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
Although started in Australia, this awareness has spread world wide.
The rules are simple:
- Start clean shaven on November 1st.
- Take a picture of your face, whisker free.
- Grow a mustache during the month of November.
- Tell everyone what the soup strainer on your face is for.
- At the end of November, go back to your regularly scheduled facial hair.
Some important points to add about the mustache itself.
- You are not allowed to connect the mustache to any other facial hair:
- You are not allowed a goatee.
- You are not allowed a beard.
- You are not allowed to connect to your sideburns for some epic chops.
- You are allowed a "tickler."
In case you are wondering, I scoured the Googleplex for mustache examples.
For More Information
Official Movember Site
Movember on Wikipedia
Follow Movember on Twitter
The Art of Manliness
There are plenty Movember teams to join. Head over to the official site, register, and start raising awareness of men's health. (By the way, it is also about raising donations for research.)